Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Simplicity is Bliss:)))


Hello everyone!! well it has been a while since i have updated the blog but i have been thinking a lot and this is the best place to put my word vomit so here it goes:)
Lately many of the people I care about have been having rough days including myself. In the whirlwinds of life we seem to get so caught up in everything we HAVE to do and we don't spend nearly enough time caught up in what we GET to do. This morning I was walking to class just looking at people and as I walked down the hall I could not make out a single expression, be it good or bad on any one's faces. They were all just...there. It was a real eye opener for me. So I started to smile and people were noticing! they would ask to themselves in a quiet voice" what is he so happy about." In reality I wasn't happy about anything I was just enjoying what I get to do that day rather than what I have to do. Life is short and we don't have the time or the energy to put so much stress and worry on ourselves to the point we can't enjoy simplicity. Simplicity is Bliss in so many ways! When we can all just take a step back and simplify, and I mean SIMPLIFY EVERYTHING life seems to be so much more enjoyable. As much as i hate to put my Organic Chem teacher in my blog, she gave me the perfect example of this today. I was feeling super depressed about my Organic Chemistry class and i had ZERO confidence in myself. I decided i needed to go talk to my professor and get some advice. Guess what she said... "Try to not try so hard. Just sit back and let it fall into place." Now it is obvious that some work is required. But it was so simple. Try not to try so hard. Try not to try so hard to be perfect, to be the best at everything, to please everyone you come in contact with, to look good when you go out...Just simplify. Thanks to my org. chem professor i learned a great lesson today...Simplicity is Bliss.
So as we go through our day working, planning, worrying, stressing just remember life is meant to be enjoyed and the best way to achieve it is to simplify. Because Simplicity is Bliss and Bliss is good:)

1 comment:

  1. love this dal! it's easier for me to think about what i get to do when all i do is fun stuff here... but it's always harder when you have obligations and school and such. i'm glad to hear you have such a positive outlook and i hope people listen to you! love you!

    ReplyDelete