Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Little Things Make The Difference!

So I am  glad to finally be writing on my blog!  It has taken me forever to figure out what it is that I wanted to write about.  The funny thing is, I still have no idea. ha ha  Some of you will be happier than others to read this because you have been waiting for a while to read what it is I have to say. I hope you all enjoy this blog and can take a ride on the roller-coaster that goes on inside my head sometimes.
Over the past few months I have been doing a lot of soul searching.  Ya know, trying to figure some things out and decide what it is that I really want out of this life.  As I was doing this so called "soul searching" I have come to realize that it's the small little joys in life that keep me going.  So many people seem to worry, and worry, and worry, that they never take the time to enjoy what it is they are actually doing!  I am a firm believer in the saying, "The Joy is in The  Journey."  This thing we call life is one of the greatest gifts we have been given and although at times it may get rough,  that is no reason we cannot enjoy it.  So much sadness in the world, so much suffering, so much distress that I think the world could use a happier breed of people.  I have made a goal and promised myself that I will not let a day go by that I don't laugh out loud, and at least smile for a while and take a step back to appreciate my journey and all that I have learned from it.  I am not perfect, far from that, but I have learned so much from my life that I do not regret anything.   I realize there is nothing I can do to change the past, only the future and I am excited for what is ahead, all the little joys, struggles, stresses, vacations and experiences that will continue to shape me into the person that i will eventually become!
Some of the Little Things
  • Vacations with friends & family
  • White Sunglasses (yes they are cool...you know who you are)
  • Getting caught singing out loud in your car
  • Poker Face
  • Accent's (yes Jenn, that one is for you!)
  • A full tank of gas
  • Discounts on anything
  • Happy People
  • Unexpected Messages
  • Soccer games
  • The freakin sun


2 comments:

  1. oh my heck!!!! i am SO happy that you started your blog!!! i got SO excited when i saw this! your thoughts made me sit back and just breathe!!! you have a way of making things so simple! i love it!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out! I love full tanks of gas also! Delshawn (my car) always feels so much healthier and runs so much better after I feel him up!

    I'm glad I have a happy roommate! Because Angry roommates don't like it when I wake up at 5am! And they don't buy green carpet either! Ha!

    ReplyDelete